Passenger Data Gateway
WCC’s HERMES Passenger Data Gateway is an end-to-end solution for governments who prefer to have full control over obtaining, managing, and forwarding Advance Passenger Information (API) and Passenger Name Records (PNR) passenger data. Alternative commercial service providers offer gateway services that act as a “black box”. The main differentiator of WCC’s PDG is that the government has full control over the data and the associated data connections.
HERMES Passenger Screening Solutions
WCC HERMES is an integrated border security solution for screening Advance Passenger Information (API) and Passenger Name Record (PNR) data. HERMES ensures both state-of-the-art security and optimum passenger flow at borders, airports, and seaports.
- Secured built-in connectors to Booking, Departure Control and crew management systems
- Standard technical connection capabilities
- National Portal
- Multi-transport support
- International standards support for PAXLST, PNRGOV and iAPI
- Wide range of supported formats with passenger data
- Multi-push support
- Message quality checks
- Data quality improvements
- Data enrichment (using public sources like transport tracking data and government data sources)
- Resolution for identity problem across different sources of data
- Distribute transport and passenger data to national agency systems
- Unified data model to benefit from transformation improvements and no need to understand complex formats
- Guaranteed delivery
HERMES Passenger Data Gateway features
WCC’s HERMES Passenger Data Gateway is an end-to-end solution for governments who prefer to have full control over obtaining, managing, and forwarding Advance Passenger Information (API) and Passenger Name Records (PNR) passenger data. The HERMES Passenger Data Gateway also fully support the use of Interactive API (iAPI) with direct connections to airlines Departure Control Systems (DCS).
The following are the main features of WCC’s Passenger Data Gateway:
- Direct connectivity with DCS and CRS of all airlines with international airlines to gather passenger data.
- Connectivity with other transport modalities (sea & land) with batch submission using a standard format, e.g. FAL5 and FAL6.
- Interactive API message support according to international standards set by the WCO/IATA/ICAO, allowing governments to stop unwanted travelers from boarding.
- Public facing portal to manually supply passenger data over the internet (for private jets, charter flights, maritime etc.). However, we assume that such portal for NAIC is already in place, in which case WCC’s PDG will integrate with this portal.
- Distribute data to all national competent authorities that are eligible to the passenger data based on national legislation.
- Provide analytics on message timeliness and quality per transport operator.
- Integration with transport operator scheduling service provider.
Reasons to choose HERMES
HERMES enables smooth & secure passenger screening for smart border management…
Firstly, HERMES can be installed quickly, usually in a single day. Furthermore, WCC’s “Single Window” solution makes connecting to the airlines or maritime data providers, both quick and easy.
Easy to use, and configure
Secondly, the user interface makes it easy for border officers to track matches, comment on follow-ups, add watchlists, and even set up new rule-based targets. As a result, personnel will need less training.
Out-of-the-box support for API, iAPI, PNR
Equally important, HERMES provides support for API, iAPI, and PNR out-of-the-box. HERMES delivers blazing fast response times, so minimizing passenger delays.
Advanced search and investigation features
Another key point is that law enforcement and border control officers designed HERMES’ advanced search and investigation features. So using their experience, navigating a large amount of data has been made easy. All in all, users can quickly and easily find information, even in 5 years’ worth of PNR data.
24/7 Support and continuous improvements
WCC’s support department is available 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Furthermore, WCC support & maintenance customers will receive all future HERMES releases, each containing many new features.
What is the difference between API & PNR?
Advance Passenger Information (API), part of the UN EDIFACT standard, is data distributed to the destination border authority by airlines. The API data arrives in batches: a single manifest for all passengers on board at “wheels up”. Interactive API (iAPI) is also possible: individual passenger data sent in real-time. Real-time passenger information gives border authorities more preparation time and can even lead to denial of boarding. API data includes each passenger’s name, birth date, nationality, country of residence, gender, and travel document type and number.
Passenger Name Record information (PNR) originates from ferry and airline operators. It comprises booking information for individual passengers or groups of passengers traveling together. PNR information typically includes their itinerary, but also information on payment methods used, frequent flyer status, seat allocation, contact details, final destination, and more.
HERMES – Protecting Borders & Citizens
A Passenger Screening Solution that enables governments to manage large volumes of ID data to protect borders and citizens while securing ¬optimum passenger flow at all kinds of borders, airports, and seaports. Our latest infographic illustrates how HERMES optimizes law enforcement and border control officers’ effectiveness by automating manual processes, while speeding up and reducing frictions to improve the passenger experience.
HERMES – User Experience
With more than 4 billion passenger journeys each year, border controls need to process vast quantities of passenger data. While the demand decreased in 2020, it’s now rising again. As a result, there’s an immediate need for intelligent solutions that can quickly process complex passenger information and identification data so passengers can enjoy a smooth and seamless security process.
How does HERMES help Border Security Agencies?
WCC’s HERMES border management solution assists border security agencies in combating security threats and illicit trade. Our infographic summarizes the challenges facing border security personnel. It illustrates how these can be resolved and expedited using smart data matching, seamless integration between local and international watchlists, one-stop summaries, and fast, accurate processing.
• The UN lacked insight into the movement of refugees between camps. Identity and rations fraud were major challenges.
• UNHCR’s Identity Management System uses WCC ELISE ID Platform with integrated biographical data and biometrics.
• UNHCR can now monitor refugee migration, and refugee families are reunited more quickly. ID and food ration card fraud has decreased significantly.
• The EU needed a central database for all visa applications in order to combat ‘visa shopping’.
• The EU VIS system uses WCC ELISE ID Platform with biographic matching and multi-cultural name matching capabilities.
• EU VIS is the most stable and highest-performing of all EU systems.
For more details, including the use of UMF to achieve EU interoperability, please visit this blog.
Instituto Nacional de Migración
Instituto Nacional de Migración
• The large flow of immigrants crossing the Guatemalan border with Mexico called for border control and an Identity Management System.
• The Identity Management System uses ELISE ID Platform with integrated biographic data and biometrics.
• The system gives insights into migratory routes, records multiple encounters of the same person, and can also assist food allocation using biometric data.